Below are details about the instrumentation within the ∆Translational Services Recharge Center. Visit the Rates Page for Instrumentation and Services fee schedules.
BioPlex® 200 multiplex assay system (Luminex)
The BioPlex 200 system is a suspension array method which allows interrogation of up to 100 biomolecules (protein, nucleic acid) in a single suspension sample.
NanoString nCounter® MAX is a high throughput direct detection method for RNA, DNA, miRNA and protein detection using direct detection hybridization.
- For use with RNA, DNA, miRNA, and protein analytes; High precision and sensitivity (<1 copy/cell)
- Counts native expression via direct hybridization, barcoding and imaging (nCounter® technology)
- Rapid results and efficient sample workflow and intuitive data analysis & up to 800 targets/sample tube
- Compatible with a wide range of sample input (FFPE, serum, plasma, PMCS, FACS etc.)
- Avoids RT and amplification bias potentially incurred using traditional RNA → cDNA methods
- Combine RNA, DNA, and protein panels (3D Biology™)
The Applied Biosystems QuantStudio 6 Flex Real-Time PCR System offers a high throughput 96-well 5 color format with intuitive software and easy touch-screen setup. Detects as small as 1.5-fold changes in singleplex reactions and 10 logs dynamic range. Compatible with: Applied Biosystems™ SYBR™, TaqMan
For use in studies interrogating:
- Gene expression
- miRNA profiling
- SNP genotyping
- Copy number variation
- Protein thermal shift
- High resolution melt
- Pathogen detection
The FACScan™ system is an automated flow cytometer that analyzes cells as they pass through a focused laser beam one at a time in a moving fluid stream. A BD FACScan flow cytometer can be used for routine research applications, immunophenotyping, and DNA cell-cycle analysis. Laser lines: 488, 530, 575 or 650 nm
Cell cycle, apoptosis, proliferation, viability, signaling, DNA damage, DNA content